This screen lists all the existing users for your site. Users with roles other than Administrator will see fewer options when they are logged in. Depending on your Role, you can also add new users as well as manage their Roles.
At the top of the screen there are links that allow you to filter the list of Users based on the User Roles. The number in brackets will advise how many there are for that particular type.
When hovering your cursor over each row in the list of Users, links will appear beneath the user name.
- Edit: Allows you to edit the user profile.
- Delete: Allows the User to be deleted. This link won’t be available for your own profile.
A User can have one of five defined roles as set by the site admin: Site Administrator, Editor, Author, Contributor, or Subscriber.
- Administrator: Who has access to all the administration features.
- Editor: Somebody who can publish and manage posts and pages as well as manage other users’ posts, etc.
- Author: Somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.
- Contributor: Somebody who can write and manage their posts but not publish them.
- Subscriber: Somebody who can only manage their profile